How to thread a punch needle
A punch needle requires a threader to help you get the yarn loaded.
- Insert the threader into the punch needle from the needle tip and completely through its bevel until it comes out the opposite end of the needle.
- Insert thread into the threader loop, then pull the threader with thread back out of the needle tip. Remove the thread from the threader.
- Insert the threader through the needle hole from the back of the needle tip. Insert thread into the threader loop, then pull the threader with thread back through the hole. Remove the thread from the threader.
- Pull the thread back and forth to make a short tail.
How to punch needle
- Hold the needle like a pencil with the bevel side facing the direction you are punching. Make sure that you have enough slack yarn to feed freely when you punch quickly.
- Place the sharp end of the punching needle on the pattern, punch directly through the cloth, you have to always punch all the way down as far as the needle will go.
- Move the needle head over a few cloth holes to make the next punch. Don't lift your needle up too high, the needle head should always remain touching the fabric.
- Repeat the process until the punch needle pattern is complete.
- Complete the stitching by punching the needle all the way down the fabric. Cut the thread off on the backside.