Punch needle embroidery is a new needle art and craft hobby by punching needle through a piece of woven fabric, the weave of the fabric holds the yarn to form loops.
The stitches are known as the front side and the loops on the back as the back side. Which side you use is about your personal preference.
Needle punching is relaxing, easy to learn, and a whole lot of fun. It is for everyone, whether you’re a beginner, or an experienced crafter looking for a creative project, you can make stunning artwork with little effort and no mess!
Being an Artist has Never Been So Simple
Creating your punch needle artwork is super easy, just two steps:
1. Choose a yarn color to start with, thread the punch needle with a threader.
2. Punching the needle on the cloth pattern based on the color chart.
That's it! Enjoy the absorbing process of punching needle embroidery until your masterpiece is complete!
What Does Each Punch Needle Kit Include?
Each Punch Needle Kit comes with everything you need to get started:
- Adjustable punch needle
- Patterned Monk's Cloth with No-Slip Hoop or Wooden Frame
Punch Needle Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you always punch your punch needle all the way down as far as it will go into the cloth.
- When you move forward to your next punch, don’t lift your needle up too high! If you do, that will pull your loops out! So you should drag it along the surface of the monk’s cloth.
- Make sure you have lots of slack yarn and keep your yarn flow freely through the punch needle embroidery at all times.
- Keep bevel side facing the direction you are punching. Punch same distance to get beautiful even stitches.
- Make your cloth as tight as possible, your punch needle fabric should be as tight as a drum! Loose monk’s cloth can cause uneven loops.